Our TeamThe leadership team at Novus has experience in delivering mega oil and gas projects in over thirty-six countries worldwide.
At Novus, our people are our most important asset. Each member of our team has the opportunity to make a difference. Our entire global community — including our board, advisors, management, staff, supervision and project teams — are committed to the success of Novus and the projects they support and deliver.
Why choose us
Meet The Team
Mike Murphy - CEO
- 29 years’ experience in organisational development and strategy implementation.
- Experienced in senior executive roles leading across global markets.
- Working in partnership with multi-national, blue chip client organisations, has delivered outstanding success in development, people and international culture in winning & establishing new business.
- B. Eng, Elec
Eoin Leonard - Cert Central Director
- 13yrs experience across multiple industries in controls and automation systems: fire, gas, security, BEMS, datacoms and telecoms and ICT.
- Experienced as project manager in Europe and Middle East, and in company development: e-QTel and i3PT.
- Qualified BICSI RCDD and Certified Data Centre Design Professional (CDCDP).
- B. Eng, MBA.
Chris O’Connor - Operations Director
- 25yrs experience in the oil, gas and power industries and team champion leading both EPC and CSU projects globally.
- Experienced in leading teams across a multitude of cultures: Qatar, Malaysia, UK, Australia, Saudi Arabia, Yemen and South Africa.
- Worked in a variety of industry segments: infrastructure, process facilities and power plants.
- B. Eng, Mech., P.Mgt Dipl.
Kevin Moroney - Business Director
- 25 years’ experience in various aspects of financial and commercial sectors including Finance Director in Kentz.
- Managed business operations in Russia, Malaysia, Canada, and South Africa.
- Experience as Senior Vice-President within the Oil & Gas business unit with SNC Lavalin.
- Master’s Degree in Finance, professionally qualified through ACCA
- 30yrs experience as HR Director – Recruitment, Training and Development Champion.
- Experienced in delivering team to projects in South Africa, Middle East, Russia, Australia and Europe.
- Extensive global industry resource network focused on specialist oil and gas high quality resources.
- Bachelor of HRM.
Gary Staunton - Vice President - Projects
- 30 years experience which began in offshore pipeline in the North Sea and has since included Africa, Middle East, Africa, Russia and Asia in LNG, petrochemical, resources, manufacturing and resources.
- Some noteworthy projects include the Sakhalin 1 Chayvo OPF and De Kastri OET and the Shanghai SECCO Project.
- Over the last 10 years, Gary has been working with Chinese contractors in Africa
Hugh O'Donnell - Chairman
- 29 years’ experience as people development and leadership champion in a variety of industries & sectors.
- Experienced in leading across a global environment in senior executive capacity.
- Working in partnership with clients has delivered outstanding success in continuous improvement. B. Eng, MBA and Doctor of Management and Organisational Behaviour.
Adriaan Nell - Quality Manager
- Over 10 years experience in the Oil, Gas, Petrochemical and Power sectors in quality management and welding inspection roles and an additional 15 years in other sectors.
- Companies include Sasol and Marubeni in Vietnam.
- Originally from South Africa, Adriaan has worked in a senior Quality management role in Asia and has decided to settle in Vietnam.
Chandler Sampson - CERT Central Systems Integrator
- 3 years experience in System Certification software database development and management in the Oil & gas industry for Novus Technical Services.
- 5 years experience total in Oil & Gas with Instrumentation background working on systems database management for turnarounds and start ups.
Mike Groves - China-1 Project Health & Safety Manager
- Mike has over 17 years’ experience within SSHE positions in the oil and gas industry.
- His roles have included Project SSHE Director, Global SSHE Director, Regional SSHE Director, District SSHE Manager and Safety Consultant.
- Mike has extensive experience working on the world’s largest Oil and Gas projects for Gorgon LNG, Qatar Shell GTL and RasGas LNG.